Family Preference Green Card

Los Angeles Family Visa Lawyer

The term preference relative applies to a certain other relative of U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Preference relatives include: married and unmarried sons and/or daughters (over age 21) of U.S. citizens; and brothers and/or sisters of U.S. citizens. Also included as preference relatives are: spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and/or daughters (over age 21) of U.S. permanent residents. In addition, preference relatives cannot obtain permanent residence until their priority dates are current.


  • The sponsoring relative must file a petition on behalf of the qualifying foreign national relative. If said relative resides outside the U.S., the immigrant visa case will proceed via consular processing.
  • Immediate relatives require a filing for each sponsored family member.
  • Sufficient documentation of the qualifying family relationship must be provided.
  • Family-based cases generally necessitate an affidavit of support.

How We Can Help You

  • The Law Office of Henry M. Soledad can assist in preparation for and representation at interviews at USCIS offices,  U.S. consulates, and related filings.
  • Competently investigate and file immigration waivers.
  • Our attorneys also counsel and advise regarding legal immigration issues and may assist in all types of family-based immigration cases at local USCIS offices, service centers, and U.S. consulates abroad.
Scroll to Top