Los Angeles Fiancé Visa lawyer

Have you found love and like to marry a citizen of another country? Different options exist so you may reunite in the United States with each option entailing different pros and cons. One of the options you have, if you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé(e) to the United States in order to get married, is to apply for a K-1 Fiance Visa. Consular Processing is required before a K-1 visa is issued.

How can I bring my fiancé to the United States?

The fiancé(e) K-1 non-immigrant visa allows the foreign national fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to travel to the U.S. in order to marry their U.S. sponsor within 90 days of their arrival

After you marry, the immigrant spouse will need to apply for an adjustment of status with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in order to become a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR). The fiancé(e) visa automatically expires after 90 days.  If you have not married by the expiration of the visa, the beneficiary of the visa is deemed in violation of immigration law and could face deportation and possible ineligibility for immigration.

USCIS conducts a thorough examination of each K-1 visa application as the visa generally leads to a green card for the future immigrant spouse.  You will be required to provide sufficient evidence showing the bona fide nature of your relationship and will likely go through an interview process.


Requirements for K-1 Visas

If you wish to sponsor your foreign-citizen fiancé(e) for a K-1 visa, there are several criteria that must be met, including:

  • You must be a United States citizen.
  • You must have met your fiancé(e) in person within two years prior to filing the application. Rare exceptions exist for extreme hardship or cultural considerations.
  • You and your fiancé(e) must be legally eligible to marry one another in the state where the marriage is to take place.
  • You and your fiancé(e) must seriously intend to be married within 90 days of your fiancé’s arrival.

Finding The Right Family Visa

If you have a loved one living abroad that you wish to bring into the United States on a fiancé visa, we are here to help. We will discuss your situation and determine the appropriate process to unite you and your fiancé as soon as possible. From there, our lawyers will guide you through the application process to ensure that everything is completed properly. Our team is committed to helping you provide new opportunities for your family, no matter what challenges may arise.

Contact Us Today To Schedule A Free Consultation In One Of Our Los Angeles Offices. We Look Forward To The Opportunity To Serve You.

Scroll to Top